Three families came together to plant a new church back in 1946, officially becoming incorporated in 1947. In 1956 Ken and Jan Meade joined the effort, Ken as part-time Senior Minister, until 1961 when the church was able to hire him full-time.
The first building on University Boulevard in Wheaton was a converted Army barracks that was remodeled with a baptistry. God continued to expand the church and its influence in the surrounding community. It was temporarily housed for two years at the English Manor Elementary School while a new, permanent home for the church was under construction in the "boonies" of Rockville. In 1966, the growing congregation moved to this new facility on Norbeck Road, the Church of Christ at Manor Woods. Large additions were constructed in 1982 and 1992 increasing worship, fellowship, and education space.
After Ken's retirement in 2001, he and Jan were ably succeeded by Dyke and Sarah Beth McCord, joined by their two young sons, moving from Ohio to Maryland to fill the Senior Minister position.
The church’s outreach and ministry continues to impact the community. Through the years God has consistently blessed Manor Woods with very loving and caring people, good leadership and many dedicated volunteers. The Church of Christ at Manor Woods continues to grow, having added a full-time Minister of Music and Worship, a full-time Minister to Students (Middle School, High School and College), a full-time Director of Children's Ministry, a full-time Administrative Assistant, a full-time Office Manager, and a part-time Director of Maintenance.